Skip to main content

Top 5 Wednesday: Spoopy/Spooky Times

 For this Top 5 Wednesday the theme is Spoopy times and I'm kind of cheating here. Instead of just five books I am going to talk about seven books and also mention seven tv show episodes that are Halloween inspired or just give me those Halloween vibes and then to end it all I'm going to mention seven Halloween movies.

Honestly, can you tell what my favorite Holiday is?



1. T-Witches Book Series by H.B. Gilmour and Randi Reisfeld

I read this series in middle school and completely loved it. As an adult in my thirties I am rereading it and while not completely in love with it I do love some aspects. I mean twin girls who are witches it's amazing. It is a little outdated though since this book series is from the early 2000s. There were also two movie adaptations made based off these but I wasn't a big fan of them.


2. Salem's Lot by Stephen King
This book scared the crap out of me during certain parts when I read it, especially as it winded down to the end. It's probably one of my favorite Stephen King books and one of the only ones that actually scared me even though he writes a lot of horror books. I'm going to have to rewatch the movies some time to see how they rank now that I have read the book.



3. Daughters of the Moon Series by Lynne Ewing
Another book series about teenage girls with powers that I read as a teenager. I just bought the first book again to reread at some point as an adult to see if I still love it just the same.


4. Charmed Book Series
A book series based off the tv show Charmed. I am slowly making my way through this and most of the books I have read I loved.


5. Witch Child by Celia Rees
Obviously I have a thing for witchy books lol. This one is set during the Witch Trails and it's more historical but I feel it falls in the spoopy category of this time of year since it's about witches.


6. Final Girls by Riley Sager
If you love the Final Girl trope in horror movies then I think this book will be good for you. It's one of my favorite books I've read this year and I didn't see some of the twists it had coming.


7. Practial Magic Series by Alice Hoffman
This book series is probably my favorite. I just love the Owens' family. Practical Magic is the first book in the series and it's the one that good me hooked. I read The Rules of Magic earlier this year and fell even more in love and I'm hoping to read Magic Lessons which just came out as soon as I can. Alice has also revealed there will be a fourth book in this and I'm eagerly anticipating to see what that book will entail for this family.

TV Shows


1. Charmed-All Halliwell's Eve
Season Three Episode Four-This episode is set on Halloween and the sister's go back in time. It's one of my favorite episodes from the entire series.


2. Jessie-The Jessinator: Grudgement Day
Season Two Episode Twenty-Three-What can I say I am a Disney channel fan even to this day. This episode of Jessie is one of my faves as it deal with them going to the future and trying to fix what is wrong with it.


3. The Walking Dead-Wildfire
Season One Episode Five-Honestly an episode set in the CDC during a zombie outbreak may be the best thing to watch during the Halloween season where a pandemic is happening.


4. Chilling Adventures of Sabrina-October Country
Season One Episode One-Just the whole feel of this first episode is very fall and spooky. I'm only on season one right now still. I am slow in watch tv shows tbh.


5. The Haunting of Hill House-Two Storms
Season One Episode Six-I just really love the way this episode was shot and also the general edge of your seat feel to it is amazing. My top fave of the entire season.


6. Supernatural-Asylum
Season One Episode Ten-I mean hello it reminds me of one of my actual top 10 favorite haunted placed Waverly Hills.


7. Ghost Adventures
The 2004 documentary that started it all is still one of my favorite things ever to revisit.

Movies


1. Scream
The Scream movie series is one of my all time favorites to watch during the Halloween season. I'm really pumped for the next movie that eventually coming out in the next few years.


2. Halloweentown
This is just one of the best cute/spoopy movies to watch during this time. I also may have wished I could have visited a place like this when I was a teen.


3. The Craft
This movie never gets old and it's one of my faves even when it's not Halloween when I just want a good scary movie to watch.


4. Escape To Witch Mountain
This 1995 movie is one I remember watching as a kid and loving. The whole twins with powers and all that was good. I have never seen the original version or even the later remake from a few years back. The 1995 version is the one I prefer.


5. The Shining
Again this is something I think is probably fitting to watch during this Halloween season in a pandemic since it deals with a family stuck together at a hotel all secluded and such.


6. Double Double Toil and Trouble
I am dating myself here a lot but I watched this movie so much a lot as a kid when I went through my Olsen sibs phase. It's such a spoopy cute Halloween movie that I think the whole family could watch together.


7. Halloween
The 1980 version is of course the one I am adding to this list. It's always a must watch for me.


Comments

Rachael.G said…
I didn't even think about adding it but Supernatural has such a good selection of both creepy and witty episode! I love the list.
The Shining is one of my most favorite books ever. I loved staying at The Stanley and would love to go back again. The original Halloween can't be beat, and I love the entire Scream series. Even the 4th one, just because I loved the first one so much.
This is a great list, I love that Jessie is on it, my kids watch it all the time and I’ve ended up watching it too!

Popular posts from this blog

Top 5 Wednesday: TL;DR

 I must admit I watch a lot of stuff before reading the books whether it be tv shows or movies that are based off books. I'm kind of a rule breaker in that way and while it isn't exactly Wednesday. Again there I go breaking rules I saw this post and thought it would be fun to try this. 1. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky I saw the movie version of this first and loved it so much that I knew I had to read the book. 2. Harry Potter Series by JK Rowling I watched all the movies during my childhood/teenage years but never once read the book series. It was only last year that I fully started reading the series. 3. Forrest Gump by Winston Groom I grew up in a family that watches this movie every time it comes on tv. It wasn't until this year that I realized it was also a book. 4. Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare I have probably seen every version of this movie that exists and yet I have not once read this book, not even in school. 5. A Christmas Carol by

Top 5 Wednesday: Fairly Local

 I'm from a really small town in Southwest VA. I can't think of any localish authors so for this Top 5 Wednesday I'm just going to do Virginia authors as a whole. Some may be a bit closer and others not so close. 1. Maggie Stiefvater Would it be a list of VA authors if I didn't have her on this list. I finished The Raven Boys series this year and one thing I loved about it was that it was set in VA. It really had the small town VA vibes down to a T. 2. Ron Peterson Jr He is a writer of True Crime books. His first book Under The Trestle was actually about a crime that took place in the county next to where I grew up and it was nice to see a book about that case as more people need to know about that case and the fact that Gina Hall's body was never found though her killer was the first person in VA history to get a conviction without the body. The book is also I think being turned into a documentary film. 3. Dlana Hall Bodmer To go hand in hand with Ron I feel the ne